There are two parts to the driving course: a classroom portion, and an in-car driving portion. Students may take the classroom portion without a learner’s permit, and then return for the on-the-road training after they have obtained their permit.
How long are driver’s Ed classes?
- Classroom: 30 total hours in 10 lessons
- Driving lessons: 6 total hours in 3 lessons
What do I learn and when do I learn it?
- Unit 1: Driving School Orientation
- Unit 2: Operator and Vehicle Control Tasks
- Unit 3: Signs, Signals, and Pavement Markings
- Unit 4: Risk Management, Space Management, and Driver Distractions
- Unit 5: Basic Maneuvering Tasks
- Unit 6: Expressway Driving
- Unit 7: Vehicle Functions, Malfunctions, and Collision Reporting
- Unit 8: Alcohol and Other Factors
You can either pay online with a credit card to hold your reservation, or you may bring payment with you on the first day of class. A2B Driving School accepts cash, checks, and credit cards.
Register for driving classes online, or call A2B Driving School in Rockville, Maryland today at 301-825-9920 to schedule driving lessons. Safety on the roads is our highest priority, and we look forward to teaching more Maryland drivers to be smart drivers on the road.